Not stupid at all. I love reading nail blogs and asking my manicurists what they like. Here are my recommendations in regards to nails:
- Nail Strengthener! Sally Hansen makes a lovely one.
- Cuticle Eraser - once again, Sally Hansen. It’s not necessary slash amazing, i think the ORLY Cuticle Remover is better in terms of removal.
- My favorite top coat is Seche Vite.
- A filling base coat will fill in nail bumps etc.
- For actual shaping — a crystal file is so important and way worth biting the bullet in terms of price (I mean they aren’t like $1332894234….just a few bucks more than your cheapo paper ones). They will last for ever, too.
- I finish all my manicures with Quick Dry Drops, too.
- Occasionally, I smother my fingers with cuticle oil. This will help a lot! Once a week, just on the cuticles. This is ideal TLC.